Oh I so remember Beefaroni from my past. Opening my thermos at school with a warm pasta delight inside or having a quick easy microwaveable meal at home.
I’ve always been a fan of mac’n’cheese and one to always add things to it so this was right up my alley.
Here is a vegan version of it and the key is pizza sauce!
- 1 serving Dry pasta Use serving size on package of chosen pasta
- 1/2 cup Plant Milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Cheese Powder
- 1/4 lg Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 85 g yves ground crumble 1 serving of whatever vegan ground you choose
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- cook pasta according to package instructions, once cooked drain and set aside.
- while pasta is cooking saute onions, garlic and vegan ground until until onions are translucent
- mix in pizza sauce.
- in empty pasta pot, add plant mild and cheese powder. blend. Continue stirring over heat until thickened.
- add pasta to cheese sauce and combine
- add onion, garlic, crumble mixture to pasta and stir.