Nothing better than a convenient grab and go snack or breakfast. Not saying that you can’t have this any time of day or night for that matter.
Fewer calories than a typical granola bar, easy to make and delicious! Feel free to play with other ingredients that you like or reducing the sugar and oil. Let me know in the comments how you like them or what customizations you’ve made.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 2 Tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbs flax seed
- 1 Tbs poppy seed
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, sugars, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- Add coconut oil and mix until the texture of sand.
- Add oats and seeds and milk. Mix well.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Form into balls using 1/4 cup of dough, flatten to 1 inch thick.
- Bake 20-22 min until bottoms are golden.
- Move oatcakes to wire cooling rack.