Starting off my Sunday with a hearty breakfast. I’ll admit that I planned this last night and steamed the potatoes in my instant pot ahead of time.
Breakfast Scramble skillet?
Servings: 4 People
- 4 Lg White potatoes Steamed and diced, see notes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Med Onion Diced
- 1/2 Lb Mushrooms Diced
- 1/2 Pkg Yves vegan breakfast sausage
- 1 Sweet red pepper Diced
- 1 Cup Frozen pea carrot mix
- 1 Cup Frozen corn
- 1/2 Lb Firm tofu Crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Soy milk
- 2 Tbsp Scramble seasoning See separate recipe at http://ericsveganvan.com/recipes/tofu-scramble-spice-mix/
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy cheez shreds
- Toss diced potato with oil to coat
- Evenly sprinkle taco seasoning and toss
- Spread potato on baking sheet lined with non stick baking mat
- Place in pre heated oven, 450°F, until desired browning achieved. Approximately 25 minutes for me.
- Add oil to large skillet over med–high heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Sauté 5 min
- Add peppers an vegan sausage, cook 2 min
- Add frozen vegetables and simmer 5 min to heat through and evaporate water. My vegetables had quite a bit of ice, add some water if yours doesn’t
- Add tofu, non-dairy milk and seasoning mix. Simmer and str lightly until liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat
- Push potatoes together on baking sheet, layer on scramble and sprinkle with cheez shreds. Place in oven until cheez begins to melt.
- Plate with other favourites like asparagus and toast. Enjoy!!!!
I steamed my potatoes the night before. In my instant pot, I placed 1 cup of water, my trivet and 4 med to large potatoes. Manual high pressure for 14 minutes, keep warm turned off and let pressure release naturally. Placed in fridge before going to bed.